Fine Art Event Nights
A series of creative practical live workshop classes using acrylic paints where I will give a live demonstration and explain the process step by step. All conducted in a relaxed atmosphere with refreshments available.
An Introduction to Knife Painting
The basics, starting with knife control techniques, followed by the creation of a painting on a 30cm x 40cm stretched canvas using these techniques by all attendees.
Prior experience in any form of painting is not necessary and all ages are welcome.
Experience the ‘thrills and spills’ of painting using a knife and feel that rich, creamy texture of paint as you create a painting on canvas to take home. Buttering toast will simply never be the same again! That’s a promise…
All required high quality art materials and aprons will be provided and these events will be conducted around a theme of:
- Fun – Thoroughly enjoyable and sociable
- Art – Creative, educational, informative and colourful
- Bubbles – Refreshments to lubricate the process
Agenda (150 – 180 minutes total):
Backgound – The basic essentials before we start the actual painting (20 minutes):
- A brief introduction to myself, my art practice and 16 years of professional art experience, 13 years using a knife
- Why knife painting? – The advantages and disadvantages
- Types of knives available and the ones we will use
- The techniques of this ‘basics’ class
- How to apply paint with a knife – Demonstration / Workshop
- How to hold the knife
- How to apply paint to the palette for each knife and texture desired
- How to collect the paint on the knife for each level of detail and texture
- How to apply paint for each texture and effect
- How to transfer reference images to the canvas for each level of accuracy desired and the various methods practiced
Painting Creation – Demonstration / Workshop (120 – 150 minutes)
- Creation of the background – Knife painting practice session
- Creation of the image outline
- Creation of the main image, stage by stage
Conclusion (10 minutes)
- Feedback – Form
- Upcoming Events
Upcoming Public Events
Life’s a Beach – Idyllic Beach Scene
Location: The Two Poplars, Finchampstead Road, Wokingham, Berkshire RG41 2NU
Date: Wednesday 7 February, 2020
Duration: Up to 3 hours
Time: 18.00 – 21.00
Raptor – Portrait of a bird of prey
Duration: Up to 3 hours
Time: 17.00 – 2.00
Further details and event themes to follow…
All Fine Art Event Nights are available as Corporate (Team Building) Events, to companies, organisations and groups, either within their facility or an external venue that I am able to arrange if required.
I have 16 years of professional art experience and several decades of experience in delivering training presentations and workshops to attendees of all levels of experience and age. I so enjoy sharing my art experience and capabilities with anyone who will benefit.
Further details will also be posted on my Facebook Page.